Monday, May 10, 2010

One reason why the iPad could be the eBook Reader Killer

I recently received a present from older brother - a MacBook Pro. I received it about a week and a half before my birthday. This present really made my century not my day. It took me a little while to get used to the MacBook considering I have used a Windows based PC since I started anything computing. As I got used to using the MacBook, I noticed one key thing - the ease on the eyes while reading.

Seriously? Yes, seriously. Although I cannot speak for everyone, I am sure there are many who can say the same thing. Some of you might think I am plugging Apple products, but I assure this is not the case. When something is of good quality, let us not be hypocritical about it. Anyone who has tried to read eBooks on a laptop will know that after reading about two or three pages, the eyes begin to feel the strain. In addition, if you are wearing glasses, heaven help you.

However, reading on the MacBook has nothing short of fantastic. It has been easy and I have finished reading four eBooks within a two-week span. I will tell you that I have never done that on my laptop. I have a wonderful HP laptop and I would not trade it for the World.




This now brings me to the real topic - the iPad. I read a headline recently that the iPad is the eBook reader killer. Going by my experience with my new MacBook Pro, I could say yes even if it is just for the ease of reading. I have not yet had a chance to use the iPad - and I will get a chance very soon - but if the reviews are anything to go by, then Apple is in for some serious profits. For those of you who got to see CNBC’s Charlie Rose Show will have heard the comments made by the journalists who got to use the iPad for a few weeks. We all know they were very impressed.

As I mentioned earlier, I have not yet got the chance to use the iPad but if it is great to read with as the MacBook is, then I might just trade in both my Aluratek and Sony eReaders for one. What do you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment